Call for Nominations for Board Directors
The Nominations Committee of the National Board is pleased to announce that the nominations for Board Directors have opened.
The National Board is looking for stakeholders interested in being part of its leadership as we expand access and availability of oral and written exams.
The nomination period will be open from October 1st, 2016 to November 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM EST. The results will be announced in December.
Experience in a Board of Directors is preferred but not required, and Certified Medical Interpreters (CMI) are encouraged to apply.
The Board of Directors meets monthly via conference call. The level of commitment is a minimum of 5 hours per week.
- Attend board meetings and other meetings regularly called by the Executive Committee of the National Board.
- Make serious commitment to participate actively in board and committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and completes them on time.
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepares well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other members and registrants of the National Board and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Are active participants in the board's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participate in fundraising efforts for the organization.
- Make efforts to attend the annual in-person meeting.
- Abide by the bylaws of the International Medical interpreters Association and by the Policies and Procedures of the National Board.
If you are interested in nominating yourself for this position, please submit:
- Reference letter.
- 150-word essay, which states agreement and commitment to the job description above and why board members should vote for you.
- Your picture in .gif or .jpeg format.
Please submit it to nbcmichair [at] certifiedmedicalinterpreters [dot] org no later than November 30, 2016 by 5:00 PM, EST.
Note: Late nominations or those which do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
About the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters is an autonomous certifying body formed from an independent group of industry professionals who represent all key stakeholder groups, including professional medical interpreters, trainers, employers, providers, and regulators. The National Board developed the first comprehensive national medical interpreting certification program. The National Board is a special division of the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA) and has independent authority over all essential certification decisions. The purpose of certification is to ensure limited English proficiency patient safety by rigorous evaluation and assurance of the competency of medical interpreters through written and oral exams. Those who pass the written and oral exams are bestowed the CMI credential, which stands for Certified Medical Interpreter.
National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters